Thursday, January 10, 2013

How do I trade off waking up for the baby with my husband?

Q. We have one baby, 3 bedrooms, and one baby monitor. We have been all sleeping in separate rooms. My husband and I both work and we both seem to be losing a lot of sleep. I am still nursing at night. How do we share the load?

A. If you are still nursing this really makes it difficult... it probably should still be you in the middle of the night unfortunatly. Unless you want to pump and then put it in bottles for him to give to your baby.

That's really the only option right now... or possibly you can do all the getting up and nursing one night and then the next night he could go get the baby - change him/her and bring the baby to you in bed to feed it. then when you're done - he can take the baby back and get him/her back and settled down again. This trading off can work out if you don't want to pump.

good luck. I know what you are feeling :/


When did you remove the baby monitor from your childs room?
Q. My daughter is 8 months old so she's obviously way too young to remove the monitor and I probably wouldn't consider it before she was 2 or 3, but I was thinking about it and I don't really know at what age the baby monitor is typically done away with.

A. I know we're in the minority, but I still have monitors in both my girls' room (ages 5 and 6) and in my son's room (age 2). They're there mostly so that they don't have to yell for us if they need something and we're downstairs. Having the monitors helps me determine if I need to intervene in an argument while they're playing, allows me to hear a child who needs help in the bathroom, and generally helps me be more aware of what's going on upstairs while I'm downstairs.

We don't use the monitors once we go to bed since all the bedrooms are right next to each other. Sometimes I wonder if I should take the monitor out of my girls' room since it's clearly not a necessity, but they don't seem to mind it. They know it's there, and they know we can hear them if they call for us quietly (which keeps them from yelling and waking up their brother if he's asleep).

Heck, I use the monitor to call things down to my husband or the kids, too -- like my own personal PA system. ;-)

I think it just depends on the size/layout of your house and what works for you and your family. There's no right or wrong answer here.


What are the best non-digital baby monitors on the market?
Q. I have looked into digital monitors, but they're a little out of my price range. Does anyone know of any good classic style baby monitors? I am pregnant with my first child.

A. I love the Sony sound sensor baby call. It's voice activated so you don't hear the static. You do have the choice of listening to everything though. I bought a second one for my 3 yr olds room since I can't hear her if she calls out. They are only $35.00 at Target, great buy.


What do I do when my baby can't fall asleep because his pacifier keeps falling out?
Q. The dreaded pacifier addiction. My baby (almost 3 months old) will lay down fine to go to sleep; if his pacifier is in his mouth. The problem comes when it falls out, then he starts to fuss then cry. We have to constantly go into his room to put it back in, then he will relax again and start to doze off, then it falls out again...etc. When will this stop? What can I do to get him to sleep without the pacifier? Help - his bedroom is upstairs!

A. My daughter does the same thing, but it is slowly getting better. Does your baby suck on his hand/fingers? We have been encouraging that so she can self-soothe a little. I try not to give it to her as much during the day, and I don't give it to her when she goes to sleep if I can (she usually nurses to sleep which probably isn't better). You can do the cry it out, but I'm trying to slowly wean her off it. Don't listen to the people who say she's to young to be by herself. No one in my family or among my friends has done co-sleeping and everyone turned out fine (including me and my three brothers). It's great for people who want to, but not necessary. That's what baby monitors were invented for.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I trade off waking up for the baby with my husband?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment