Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Have you ever tried at home baby heart monitors?

Q. I am considering getting a baby heart monitor so that we can see if we can hear her heartbeat at home. Has anyone ever had any luck w/ the ones from target?

A. i'm not sure about the target ones but i was thinking about buying one from walmart and based on the reviews i read for it i'm unsure whether or not to go ahead and get it.
2 reviews said gave it good rating and 2 gave it bad ratings.

heres the link for the one i was looking at:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983010

its only $20 so i guess if it doesn't work it isn't too big of a loss. plus you can always return it.

if you do decide to get one make sure you read the reviews. they're very helpful.

so i couldn't be more of a help.


Does anyone believe the wives tale about the heart rate experiences?
Q. I am about 12 weeks pregnant with my third. I have 2 girls and with both of them, they had heart rates in the 160's pretty much the whole time. Now this one had a heart rate of 163. So I am thinking that maybe its another girl. What do you think? I know these types of predictions are never 100% but, what were your experiences with this do you believe this wives tale at all or no?

A. The myth says that if the heart rate is above 140, the baby will be a girl, and if the heart rate is below 140 it will be a boy. It is just what it says- a myth, with absolutely no scientific basis. Your baby's heart rate is supposed to fluctuate and the baby's gender has no influence on how fast or slow it is. My first two babies were girls, and my last was a boy. Every one of them had heart rates above 140, and occasionally would have a heart rate in the 130's and 120's. I was hospitalized for the entire last month of my pregnancy with my son, and was hooked up to the fetal monitor the entire time. His heart rate went anywhere from 120's to 180's, and this was completely normal. The only was to tell the sex of the baby with any kind of accuracy is with an ultrasound, amniocentesis, or to give birth and look for yourself. I don't believe in any of the gender myths, but oddly enough, I had almost no morning sickness with my boy, and had it all the time with my girls. There is a myth that says that no morning sickness means boy!!


My daughter is 37 weeks and the baby has exposer to depakote,She has not felt the baby kick or move for 24hrs?
Q. we went to l&d yesterday and the baby's heart rate was much lower than normal, however the nurse would not listen to any of her concerns and sent her home. What should she do now.

A. Go straight back to L&D and ask them to hook her back up to the monitor,make sure that they are aware she has felt no movement in 24 hours and do not leave until they agree to put her back on the monitor.


I am 17 weeks pregnant with twins. When will my babies really start moving around?
Q. I can feel them every once in a while, but it is by no means frequent. I have a fetal heart rate monitor and I listen to them daily, so I know that they are fine, but when will they be moving more? Thanks!!!

A. congratulations! we love you!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Have you ever tried at home baby heart monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment